From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 600x USB logger

I have a test PC previously installed NI USB 6008 driver with a 6008 logger (lets say its logger A), my question is , can I use another NI usb 6008 logger (logger B) on this same PC? does the PC or driver recognize its not the same logger?

thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,618 Views)

Yes.  You can use another USB-6008 on that computer.  The PC will recognize that it's the same logger.  In MAX, you will also be able to tell that logger B shows up with a different serial number than logger A.

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,599 Views)

thanks!

the reason I asked this is because a problem I have with the USB 6008 recently: I have a test using USB6008 to measure voltage and frequency, it was working fine until I switched logger A to logger B, the device cannot measure voltage but has no problem measuring frequency , both USB 6008 are good and working fine before. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

thank you again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,593 Views)

Not knowing anything about your situation, my guesses would be: miswired logger B, blown channel on logger B

Also, this is the TestStand forum.  Questions like this should be posted in the Multifunction DAQ forum.

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,589 Views)

thanks, 

I reposted on multiDAQ 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,582 Views)