From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My LV operator interface hangs up on calling NewExecution

I am developing my own process model. I have a number of test positions and each position will be tested using independent executions and sharing process model global variables.

I start a number of executions. Everything seems to work. I start a new execution and my OI hangs up.

I know it hangs when I call IEngine::NewExecution.

Does anyone have any tips?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,419 Views)
It sounds like you are not processing UI messages.

Do you have any code that is processing UI messages coming from the TS Engine?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,393 Views)
My UI is processing messages. The "crash" only happens after some time.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,370 Views)
Hi

I was just wondering if this problem is still present and what operating system you are using? What it is that you are trying to get teststand to execute?

Kurt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,258 Views)
... also what version of teststand are we looking at?

Thanks
Kurt
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,254 Views)

The problem still exists,

I am usin Windows 2000, Labview 6.1 and TestStand 2.0.1f.

I am trying to launch up to 32 exections in parallel.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,254 Views)
If you've got other copies of labview installed then this problem is may occur.

i.e. that sequence reports run-time errors in this configuration because it refers to LV 6.1 VIs that cannot be executed with for example a 7.0 run-time engine.

I'm assuming you've got only lv version 6.1 runtime engine installed?

I'm currently reading: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=7643&requireLogin=False altough its probably not applicable.  
Kurt...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,249 Views)
Hi,

I was just trying out that link I had pasted in the previous post, I was meant to post this link instead.

With more an more executions launched in parallel burden on the operating system with managing threads increases hence what is the spec of your computer and what operating system are you using?  

Have you by any chance recently created a service request with National Instruments regarding this issue, as my colleague is presently dealing with a similar issue....

All the best!
Kurt
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,228 Views)