NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple UUT socket error management

I have been messing with teststand succesffully.  I run batch process model because my pxi is not big enough to have two DMM two power supplies or two scopes, or 4 matrixes. 

i use Batch Process model and so far it has worked great for me and i am already finding my way around it.

So my problem comes when in some test i need to exit the hole test if a step fails.

Scenario 1

UUT0 Fails at TEST X

and you configure the step that when it fails it go to CLEAN UP

2014-06-26 15_49_13-NI TestStand - Sequence Editor [Edit].png

test stand is still under batch synch.. but it will go to clean up and in cleanup i close all instruments and switch power off

when testand goes to UUT1 it will give me a runtime error that everything is close and cant continue also on UUT2

if I choose to terminate the sequence, yes it will exit but all my instruments will be on and the matrix will be still connected to what ever it was. so when ever i start  a sequence again it will give me a runtime error that it cannot connect some matrix points and sessions open etc.. lets say that is not the propper way to end a program.

Scenario 2

put an if step making reference to TEST X to continue testing or Not.  so far this will exit just the failing UUT and it will continue with the Working UUT.

Scenario 3

this is how i am solving this.

i have a station global that i will write when ever something fail on important steps where i want the hole test to end.

a statement like this :

global=global$$TestStep_fail

that way each UUT can access the global and if it fails on any UUT Socket.... it will exit on my IF step where i have more test

do you guys have a better way to handle this issue between UUTs

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,256 Views)

Hi buton,

Have you tried using the Engine.TerminateAll method?  It forces all existing executions to terminate, sending them all directly to the Cleanup steps.  I've linked to two help documents below with more information:

Terminating and Aborting Executions: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052K-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/terminating_aborting_ex...

TerminateAll Method: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052K-01/tsapiref/reftopics/engine_terminateall_m/

Please let us know if this works!

Thanks,

Myriam D.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,208 Views)