NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Numeric Limit Test - Evaluate Post and Status Expression

We have a Multiple Numeric Limit Test where the limits for one of the measurements is a function of one of the other measurements.
In the Post-Expression there are two expressions that set the low and high limit based on one of the readings.
But the comparison does not seem to be using the calculated limits.

The report file shows the correct calculated Low and High Limits, and shows the measured reading as being in between the Low and High limit, but fails that measurement. I feel the Status Expression is using the default limits that are out of range.

The post expression looks like this
Step.Result.Measurement[2].Limits.Low=Step.NumericArray[1]*1.9,
Step.Result.Measurement[2].Limits.High=Step.NumericArray[1]*2.1

In Table 3-4 "Order of Action that a Step Performs", Evaluate Post-Expression (Action #15) is before Evaluate Status Expression (Action #16), but it seems that is not the case.

Or am I changing the wrong Low and High Limits. Am I just changing the Limits used in the report file and not the limits used for comparison?
Again the correct low and high limits are in the report but not used for comparison. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,021 Views)
Digging into the NI step type for Multiple Numeric Limit Test, I find that the comparison is done at Post-Step substep which is before my Post Expression is evaluated to set the correct limits.

So I have added code to my VI module to set the limits after taking the measurements but before returning to TestStand.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,013 Views)