From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple None Adapters

Group,
     I'm running TestStand 3.0 with LabWindows/CVI.  What I would like to do is have multiple None adapters that have different colors and icons.  This way I can differentiate between say a Numeric limits test and a String value test.  Essentially making the sequence file a bit more easier to read.  Is this possible?

Tony
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,676 Views)

Tony,

You could accomplish that by creating custom step types.
For example. Lets say that you want to create a custom string value test step type.
1. Open a sequence file.
2. Insert a String Value Test step using the none adapter.
3. Go to the sequence file types view.
4. Copy and paste the 'String Value Test' step type.
5. Rename the step type.
6. Open the properties dialog.
7. Click the Designate an Icon check box and select an icon from the list. (If you want to use a custom icon you have to add it under components\user\icons and restart TestStand).
8. If you are going to use the 'None' adapter all the time you could check the 'Designate an Adapter' check box and select the 'None' adapter.
9. Finally you can copy the new step type into a type palette (MyTypes.ini).

The only problem that I see is that in the future if we change the way 'String Value Test' works you would not be getting the changes.
We could for example change  the entry point we use for the 'Edit' substep in order to change the user interface.
Your custom step type should keep working though.

Hope it helps.

If you have any question let me know.

Antonio Lie.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,666 Views)