NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Multiple Numeric Limit Test

Hello

I have a test that I have written (LabVIEW) that produces 2 arrays of numeric Values. 1 array of Gain data and 1 array of Noise data. I want to apply (different) limits to each array (Same limit for each element within array). How do I do this in TestStand. I have used the multiple numeric limit test for tests returning a single array of data but my test returns 2 arrays.

It would be really in-efficient to split the test up into 2 tests as both Noise and Gain data comes back from the instruments in one sweep.

Any clues ?

Regards
Chris
Message 1 of 3
(2,990 Views)

Chris,

Since your code module returns two arrays and you do not want to call the module twice you could have the LabVIEW multiple numeric limit test step to validate one of the arrays and have a None multiple numeric limit step  to validate the second array. You have to send one of the arrays to a local or global variable  so you can access it from the None multiple numeric limit step.
You could even execute these steps in a separate sequence and call it using a Sequence Call step if you want to see all the process as  a single step.

Another option would be to create your own multiple numeric limit step type in order to support two different arrays as the data source at the same time. This solution requires more work from you. You could take the existing multiple numeric limit step type code as a starting point.
You can fin the code under <TestStand>\Components\NI\StepTypes\CommonSubSteps.
If you plan on modifying the code it is better to make a copy under <TestStand>\Components\User\StepTypes and modify it there.
This will prevent future upgrades from overwriting your changes.

If you have any question let me know.

Hope it Helps.

Antonio Lie.

Message 2 of 3
(2,980 Views)

Hi,

Easiest way would be to retrieve your data using an action step rather than a Test Step, splitting the array into two seperate arrays and  writting the two arrays to two TestStand Local arrays.

Then test each array in two seperate steps, using the None Adapter as the MultpleLimitTest step.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 3 of 3
(2,975 Views)