cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi UUT with different Sequence-Files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

We are upgrading our teststations from TestStand 4.2 to TestStand 2013. With TestStand 4.2 we have copied and modified the Sequential-Modell to a Multi-Dut-Modell (10 UUT's). This worked fine. To start the Modell-File we used a Start-Sequence-File. We have to linearize 10 Rf-Sytnheseizers   (each UUT has a different Sequence-File, with different Limits). With TestStand 2013 it is not anymore possible to Run a Modell-File . 

Actually I would also like to copy and modify the Batch-Modell from NI. But with the Batch-Modell-File always the same Client-Sequence-File is used for each UUT.

A short description of the Tasks:

1. Loading all UUT’s: Identification of UUT’s (PartNumber, Serialnumber manually or with a Barcode-Reader) (Sequence-Filenames, and Limits for all UUT’s are read from a Database)
  2. Testing UUT 1 with SeqFile1, Saving Measurements of UUT1 To Database
  3. Testint UUT 2 with SeqFile2, Saving Measurements of UUT2 To Database …
  4. Showing Result-Panel with all UUT-Results
  5. Showing Reports for all UUTs

We don’t have parallel taks. What is the best way to realise these matter? Thank you very much for your inputs.

(OS: Windows7 / IDE: CVI2012)

Regards Paul

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,531 Views)

Paul,

First, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this statement: "With TestStand 2013 it is not anymore possible to run a model file". Could you explain a bit more about what you mean? I can't think of any changes we would have made in TestStand 2013 that would affect the types of sequence files you could call or their interaction with a process model.

Second, it seems to me that the best approach might be to create a separate sequence file for each type of UUT you want to test, and call sequences from these files from one master sequence file. So for example, you might have 3 files:

1. TestStand "master sequence file" which uses the Batch model and includes the necessary callbacks and sequences to identify UUTs and perform actions that are needed for all types of UUTs

2. Sequence file for UUT type A which contains all of the tests for that type of UUT

3. Sequence file for UUT type B which contains all of the tests for that type of UUT

In this example, your master sequence file could make the decision of which type of UUT it is testing, and use a Sequence Call step to call MainSequence in the appropriate other sequence file.

Do you think this type of approach would work for your system? I'm not sure how you were architecting it before, but if there are any other factors that might have an impact on this type of solution, go ahead and post that and we think of some alternative approaches.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,498 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul_Buehlmann

Here's a little example you could look at.

Let me know if you have any questions.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,496 Views)

Sorry for the delayed answer. Thanks both of you for the replies! The Loading of the sequences I could manage with your example.
Also I could customize the PreBatch and PostBatch according to the NI-Example OverrideSerialNumForBatchModel1.seq. Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,360 Views)