NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying "UUT Information" screen when performing "Test UUT's" in the parallel model

Angel22,

The sequence and VI you posted does not seem to be even close to what Luis is asking for. You are suppressing the very screen that he wants to use. Also, your VI is poorly written. The stacked sequence is just wrong and there is no need at all to write the barcode to a file.

Luis,

I don't think you have much choice except to modify the code that is used for Modelsupport2.dll. This is written in CVI.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,337 Views)

Dennis,

Thanks for being very helpful. Well, maybe you can profer solution to Luis problem since you have a good idea of what he wants instead of just touching the surface.

I might have misunderstood Luis problem but please help him with a well written VI or sequence. 

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,335 Views)

Thanks Guys,

I'm looking both options Angels's Code and Modelsupport2 CVI code.

But Dennys are right, Angel, I'm sure I can modify your code, make a new one, etc and can work for my 3 positions test, but I prefer just to use the TestStand default PreUUT...

Thank you both!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,328 Views)

As I already said, I don't believe he can accomplish what he wants with a sequence or a VI. To read a barcode scanner and display it on the UUT Information screen, I think you need to modify paralleluutdlg.c which is used to create Modelsupport2.dll. I had to do the same thing with multiple bar code scanners connected as serial ports. 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,325 Views)

Hey Luis, I'm facing kind of the same problem as you had, I will use a Barcode to get the serial number for each of my devices. The difference is that I won't show to the operador the "UUT dialog" screen. The serial number will be automatically stored in a variable for each of my sockets. The operator will have to press a button corresponding to each of my sockets in my user interface made in LabVIEW and the sequence will be executed for that specific socket.

By now I have two problems.
1) To populate the serial number using the barcode (same problem as you had)
2) Make my front panel to communicate with Teststand (working on it... i will post a new tread here in the forum)

Your code is working the way you wanted? Maybe your solution can give me a light in my project for my first problem

I have attached my front panel so you could understand it. My ideia is that each button in the UI have same function as the "OK" button in the "UUT Information"

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(1,267 Views)