NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying TestStand parameter names

I am using TestStand ActiveX/COM step types to call methods on COM interfaces. Unfortunately the method parameters are not always named well, and our customers get confused. I was hoping there was a way to effect the parameter name that appears in the 'Edit ActiveX/COM' dialog parameter editor, without actually changing the interface. I was hopeful that changing the parameter name stored in the sequence file (Step.SData.Call.Paramaters.[XXX].Name) would affect what appears in the dialog, but no such luck. Any ideas?

Does the parameter name do anything? What about the parameter 'DisplayType'? Changing that also does not affect what appears in the 'Edit ActiveX/COM' dialog.

I am attaching some screen shots for clarity.

Thanks,

Aaron Stibich
Innovative Technologies Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,760 Views)
Aaron,

Unfortunately you can not modify the parameter names modifying the properties.
As you noticed, if you modify the parameter name for the corresponding property next time you open the specify module dialog the parameter name will be overwritten with  the parameter name used in the interface.
A possibly solution for your problem would be to use 'wrappers' methods  using the appropriate names. You will have to modify the interface though.
But you would not break existing users because you are not changing the existing methods.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,736 Views)