NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Test Report with on-the-fly reporting

Hello,
I am using teststand3.0 and trying to use on-the-fly reporting. The problem I am getting is report is adding begin sequence and end sequence tags to the report. Is there any way that I can remove these tags. The sample report looks like this

Begin Sequence: MainSequence

(Unsaved Sequence File)

Message Popup: Failed

Button Index: 0

End Sequence: MainSequence

End UUT Report

I want to remove the text in italics. I have removed this one by editing AddSequenceResultToReport sequence, when I didn't used the on-the-fly option. But now the tags with on-the-fly option were inrtoduced by "Process Step Result" step of "ProcessOTFStepResult" sequence. And my sequence stack is upto 5 sub sequences. So when a step fails, it report prints 5 sets of begin and end tags, which I wan to avoid. Any help???

Thanks

mama007

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,865 Views)

Hi,

You need to modify the InitializeOFT sequence found in the reportgen_html.seq or reportgen_txt.seq. You will see two steps. One the template for the Sequence Header and the other for the Sequence Footer.

For example:

Locals

.SequenceHeaderTemplate = "<H5>" + ResStr("MODEL", "RPT_BEGIN_SEQUENCE") + "%Sequence%\n<BR>(%SequenceFile%)<BR></H5>\n"

The SequenceHeaderTemplate is a string built up to create "Begin Sequence: MainSequence". You probably can spot the various parts.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,856 Views)
Hi I 'm using Teststand 2.01  with very long sequences generating html files of over 40 Megswith. So i decided to use the on-the fly reporting because Pc used to run out of memory before saving the report.

Now there is no problem with memory, but I would like to separate the report in multiple parts to have less big html files, it's a lot easier to debug.
The simplest thing for me would be to insert sequence calls in my sequence file (named for ex: "Save report") to mark the boundaries of reports.

To be simple a sequence like this one...

Step1
Step2
Sequence call : Save Report
Step3
Sequence call : Save Report

...would create 2 reports, the 1st with results for steps 1 & 2, the 2nd for step 3.

The problem is, when i do this, the Save Report seqCall creates 1 report with steps 1& 2, the second with steps 1, 2 & 3...
OK, so I only have to Clear Report just after saving it.
Thats'it but now the reports look like the headers and footers went away, and there are html tags problems ...!

Has anyone ever tried to do something like this...?

Message Edité par Aurelien_R le 11-16-2005 06:37 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,831 Views)