NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Logging.StepResult.Limits in Expression Browser for Database Options

When I try to configure the Columns/Parameters in Database Options, I find that the Logging.StepResult.Limits.High or Low, or  Logging.StepResult.Numeric items are missing in the Expression Browser (refer to the following screen-shot). The TestStand version is 4.2.1. Does anyone know how to get it back? 

Thanks

Screen-shot for missing Logging.StepResult.Limits

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,753 Views)

The implementation of the Database Options dialog box displays a generic step result and does not display the step results for specific step types as you might like. You must manual enter in the lookup string for the property that you want to reference instead of selecting it from the tree view when the property is not one of the default properties that all step types include.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,741 Views)

Thank you Scott,

Is there a way to know which lookup string I can use if it is not in tree view of Expression Browser. For example, how do I know the string should be "Logging.StepResult.Limits.High" (for high limit) instead of "Logging.StepResult.High_Limit"?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,726 Views)

The items available in Logging.StepResult for a particular step correspond to the items available in that step's Result container. This is viewable at edit time by looking at the Property Browser panel on the Step Settings for the step. 

Here's a KnowledgeBase article that mentions this. It mentions custom step types, but this same principle applies to built-in TestStand steps: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D30EC9BBA0D740C286256C760049DABD

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,721 Views)

Thanks Daniel,

This is just what I am looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,709 Views)