NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft SQL

Is the process for MYsql the same or similar for Microsoft SQL?  I am looking for an easy way to put my results on Microsfot SQL.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,956 Views)
Roons,

If your TestStand output files are in XML format, then this is the easiest way I know to put your data into MS SQL Server:

Arendar comes with a TestStand XML file parser so that you can merge/compare/analyze data from multiple stations. There is close to a zero integration effort since the parser not only imports data but also builds the database schema. The importer is intelligent enough to recognize when the XML file format changes, and modifies the schema as required (only additions, no deletions). The schema can be locked at any time.

Again, if your reports are of the XML format, there is virtually no integration effort (other than installation of the software) required to import, analyze and present the data across multiple XML outputs.
To let you know, I do work for the company that develops this tool.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,947 Views)
You can directly log data from TestStand to a database. Please refer to the following link - The TestStand Reference Manual: http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/001CAEC82BFF505386256D470060788D TestStand requires you to define a data link when you specify the database where TestStand logs results, or then you use the Database step types. TestStand uses the Data Link Properties dialog box to create or edit a data link connection string. Use the Data Link Properties dialog box to specify initialization properties for your OLE DB provider. Thank you Nandini Subramniam NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,931 Views)