NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message box step skipped before skipped step--how make it normal run mode?

I have written a sequence that contains a message popup step before several sequence steps.  If I deselect or skip the first sequence after the message step, the message step is also skipped.  Is there a way, maybe through checking one of the context variables, that I can make the message step run normally if ANY of the subsequent sequences are selected to run?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,894 Views)

I'm not sure I understand completely but I think you might get what you want by moving the message step to the Setup step group and making sure the Configure>>Station Options>>Execution>>Interactive Executions>>Run Setup and Cleanup options is set.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,882 Views)

Anything placed in the Setup group of a sequence will run no matter what steps are selected for an Interactive Execution.

You could also set a precondition on your step that the Message Popup step executed to prevent that sequence from running without having first run the Message Popup.

Allen P.

NI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,885 Views)
I suggested moving the message popup to the setup group of the parent sequence because I thought the idea was to ensure the prompt appeared once no matter what was selected to run interactively. If you also need to prevent the message popup appearing at all if nothing relevant is selected you could do one of the following:

A) examine the selection before deciding to run the message popup step in setup (harder)

B)

1 - Create a boolean FileGlobal named msgDisplayed that defaults to False.

2 - Copy the message step into each sequence or have each sequence call a shared sub-sequence that contains the message step

3 - Put the following as the precondition for the message step(s):  FileGlobals.msgDisplayed ? false : (FileGlobals.msgDisplayed = true)

C) Put the message step in a SequenceFilePreStep callback. First examine Parameters.Step to determine whether the currently executing step is one that should trigger the popup.  Then use the file global and precondition in (B) to ensure the prompt displays only once.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,874 Views)