NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Box Output

Hello to all,

I am failrly new to TestStand and have a question

Prior to begining the Test Sequence, I am prompting the operator with a Message box to select the part number that they will be using to test. How can I output this information out of the message box so that It can retrieve the correct file that I will be calling and also display that number on the Base Name of the Report, (where report options is located)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,873 Views)
Hi FredTest,

So are you not using the default serial number box that is prompted by the PreUUT callback? Or did you override the PreUUT callback and create your own serial number popup? Perhaps you have an additional message popup besides the default one?

If you are using the PreUUT callback, you notice in the Parameters tab you have the UUT container with a SerialNumber variable. This variable gets set when you enter something in our serial number dialog box. This UUT container is a parameter that gets passed by the Test UUTs sequence. Because of this, in the Test UUTs sequence, you will have access to this variable (In the Test UUTs sequence, look under the Locals tab and then expand the UUT container).  Several of the callback functions fired off by Test UUTs are sent this container so you can use the information in there such as the serial number. 

So, for example, if you override the TestReport callback (Edit >> Sequence File Callbacks; This callback allows you to change or replace report generation), you notice again in the Parameter tab, you have access to the SerialNumber variable under the UUT container. 

If you are not using the PreUUT callback, let me know and we can discuss an alternative route.

(P.S. When using the Message Popup step, the data you type in is stored in the Step.Result.Response variable)

Also, this example, Including results of the PreUUT and PostUUT callBacks in the report may or may not help out. Also check out Obtaining UUT Information from within a Client Sequence File

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,851 Views)