NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu items dropped for different Windows user

TestStand 3.5, LV 8.2

I have a fellow engineer who logs into the Windows/XP  Pro test system with his own user ID.
We are both in the Windows Administrator Group.

When he logs into the computer and starts TestStand, he does not see the same menus as me.

The Configuration menu is missing three items :
Report Options ...
DataBase Options ...
Model Options ...

Why?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,293 Views)
The first thing to try would be to logon as yourself (not your friend). Go to Sequence Editor>>View>>User Manager>>User List.

Expand your friend's name and make sure he has all the Configuration privileges.

If this doesn't help,  double check the "Model:" pane in the sequence editor status bar when you and your friend login to make sure you are both using the same process model.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,285 Views)

We are using the same model file on the same test system PC.

I have never added a User with the USer Manager.
We have been in development and have defaulted to TestStand Administrator.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,271 Views)
Hi Checkers18,

Are they missing or greyed out?  Also, please send an equivalent screenshot to the one I attached.  It should look the same (all values set to true).

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,264 Views)
They are missing for Ron, but I can see them.

My TestStand user manager shows all set to True. I will not be able to get you a screen shot of the other Ron's login until Monday afternoon. I'll be back then.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,258 Views)

This appears to be a context sensitive observation. We did not have the same sequence file opened to the same page.

There is no problem here, other than a misunderstanding of the complexity of the sequence editor.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,189 Views)