cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many commands disabled in operator interface

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using the full-featured OI in C# on a system with a Base Deployment license, and I see that many commands are disabled, e.g. Single-Pass and Run (only Test UUTs is active); also "Break" and "Break all" in the Debug menu are disabled when the system is running.

I remember those being active on other systems in the operator interface and I have also verified that it is using the model I am using on all machines.

What can cause such a behavior?

Best regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,821 Views)

Hi,

my guess is that it has to do with the base deployment license. I wouldn't expect any of the debugging to work (break/break all). I find it hard to find any information on the concrete limitations of the license, in particular which things are hard locked and which things are technically doable but are considered a violation of the license agreement (I think e.g. the debug license gives more access then is allowed by the license). It is thinkable that only the first test entry point is accessible. You can quickly test that by opening the process model and moving a different entry point above Test UUT entry point and re-running your OI to see if it is now this entry point which is usable (the order of entry points in the Sequences list of the proces model determines the order in the menus and also for custom OIs what is entry point 1, 2 ...).

Best regards

Mathis

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,812 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pwaszkewitz

Peter,

This is indicative of a privilege issue.  What are the permissions of the user logged into TestStand.  If it is an Operator then you will see thos greyed out like that.  If it is a Developer, Technician or Admin then they should be available.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,796 Views)

Yes, that was the solution. Thank you!

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4