NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually editing the test step numbers

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to be able to manually edit the test step numbers ot match the numbers in my reqts document for ease of typing in the sequence file architecture.  Is there a way to be able to set a test step number to say 0010, 0023, 0030, etc on my own?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,562 Views)

Which number are you talking about?  The Step ID?  The index number of the step?  The name of the step?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,554 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author id

I had created a field called Step No which was identified as an expression in my step list configuration.  I thin the best thing to do is to embed the Test Number in the Step Name field like "T1 UUT ID Resistor Test" instead of creating a new separate field for a number because of the way teststand menus handle flow info. I may have answered my own question...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,548 Views)

So if this is for requirements you can use the Requirements property to store the value.  For instance you can click on the Requirements section in the Step Properties.  Then just type in any info relating to requirements.  The advantage of doing this is that a tool like Requirements Gateway can then glean that information.  There are also ways to dynamically glean that info through the API.

Cheers,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,543 Views)