From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDN Error While Running Sequence...

I am receiving this error while running a sequence in TestStand:

Error executing substep 'Open and Deploy RT Sequence Action'.
Constructor Node System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System.NullReferenceException in RTSequenceVIs.lvlibp:NI_VS Sequence Execution Interface.lvlib:Create Sequence Call.vi->RTSequenceVIs.lvlibp:Open and Deploy RT Sequence blocking call.vi->RTSequenceVIs.lvlibp:Open and Deploy RT Sequence blocking call.vi.ProxyCaller
LabVIEW:  A .NET exception occurred in an external assembly. For information about correcting this error, copy the following exception (in bold), and search the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site or the Web for a possible explanation.

The error code is 1172. From MSDN site, this explanation is this:

The tracking (workstation) service is not running.

Has anyone encountered this error before?

Info:

TestStand 2014

Windows 7

VeriStand 2015

PXI 8135 w/ PharLap RT ETS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,529 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,520 Views)

You might have better luck posting this over on the VeriStand Steps Community page since it looks like this is coming from the VeriStand .NET API. Based off my limited VeriStand experience, I would check the following things:

1. Make sure you're using the correct version of the custom step types (for both TS and VS).
  2. Make sure the VeriStand Gateway is running (e.g. VeriStand is open).
  3. Make sure the Engine is deployed to the target (add/remove software in MAX).

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,500 Views)