NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEM_BAD_POINTER when calling VI with LVRT adapter

Hi,

I'm using TestStand 2010 and LabVIEW 2010.

One test (sequence) calls VIs that control Agilent 16900A logic analyzer: run and stop (Stop VI is attached for example).

These VIs use ActiveX - LA COM Automation client software.

Everything worked properly, until I switched the LabVIEW adapter from "Development System" to "LabVIEW Run-Time Engine" (in order to make deployment).

When a step that call the logic control VI is executed, I have got the error ”SmartHeap Library - MEM_BAD_POINTER", then "SmartHeap Library - SmartHeap error handler recursively re-entered"- and TestStand is crushed.

Never saw the such problem before.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,330 Views)

Hey Berezka,

Have you tried to isolate the problem to see if it's something that occurs just inside LabVIEW? Would it be possible for you to create a sample VI based on the VI you're having problems with, that runs in LabVIEW, and try deploying this VI from LabVIEW using the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine? Do you experience these errors from LabVIEW, either running the VI in the LabVIEW development environment or from a LabVIEW deployment?

The key here is to see if we can narrow down the source of this error.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,314 Views)

Hi Courtney,

This VI works fine in LabVIEW, I even built EXE based on this VI - it works too.

In the meantime I tried to connect with the logic via Visual C++ using the same LA COM Automation client software.

Wrote DLL with functions Run and Stop, created 2 steps in the TS sequence - the both call the DLL Stop function, loaded dynamically and unloaded when step is finished.

The first call is performed, the second call causes the "MEM_BAD_POINTER" error etc.

If the sequence has only one call to the DLL function (e.g. Stop) - I may run it several times successfully.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,304 Views)

Hi Berezka,

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of the error? This isn't one that I've encountered before so it will help me research what could be going wrong.

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,290 Views)