NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX 4.7.x missing components required for TestStand 4.2.1 Deployment Utility

In order to support my new USB-TC01, I had to upgrade DAQmx beyond 9.0.2 (which it shipped with). At the time 9.2.2 was available, so I did that and it worked fine, until I tried to build a TestStand deployment. The deployment utility reported the following:

Product 'NI Measurement & Automation Explorer 4.7' depends on a product that cannot be found on the system. ID of missing product: {11D580A9-CAA9-4FAE-ACCE-008751A7AE9F}

Product 'NI Measurement & Automation Explorer 4.7' depends on a product that cannot be found on the system. ID of missing product: {A1DD654C-E897-4C46-8077-12873C75D79D}
Product 'NI AFW Channel Configuration Tool' depends on a product that cannot be found on the system. ID of missing product: {D4C3CED5-25E0-44F9-8B60-DC496C990EFC}

I tried continuing the upgrade path to DAQmx 9.2.3, but it didn't help.

After a _lot_ of experimenting with clean installs on other machines, I've determined that DAQmx 9.1.1p1 is the last version of DAQmx I can install without breaking my TestStand Deployment. Luckily, support for the USB-TC01 was added in 9.1, so I'm ok for now... Since the next version of DAQmx I can try is still 9.1.x (9.1.7), and it is also the first to include MAX 4.7.x, not to mention the messages from the deployment utility, I'd have to hypothesize that the problem is not with DAQmx per se, but with MAX.

I'm running fresh installs of 32-bit Windows XP with Service Pack 3, and all current hotfixes applied. I start the NI-* installation with my 3Q09 Developer Suite discs, then update with my 1Q10 Developer Suite discs. I've tried using the 2Q10 and 3Q10 Device Driver discs, in hopes they would have the missing components, but they didn't help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,997 Views)

Based on my experience, TestStand 4.2.1 Deployment Utility causes the errors you're seeing.  I'd suggest upgrading to TestStand 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,986 Views)

Have the same issue and I have TestStand 2010.  Also throwns several errors during the build of licnese files that could not be found.  Ran a repair of all NI compoents and this did not help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,970 Views)

I am going to start working on this problem, but I am going to contribute to a post with a sillimar error here.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=31709

I believe this are the same issues so we will try to consolidate all contributions to the same thread.

Jensen Warnock

Jensen
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,960 Views)

The issue encountered in this post is also documented in the thread:

TestStand Issues and Web Content that you should be aware of

This thread will be periodically updated to inform our users of issues that we are aware of, along with links to useful TestStand web content.

Hope this helps.

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,904 Views)