cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost StationGlobals

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am modifying/copying a test sequence from TS 3.1 in TS 2012.

All was going well until I possible deleted/lost some station globals!!!

Some I have made as the sequence failed but I am stuck on one.

The only I can explain it are in the 2 attached jpg files, Required ModuleCFG.JPG and sg modulecfg.JPG.

I am not sure what I should be copying from the 3.1 environment in the 2012 if that is even possible to at least get what I started with

Can anyone PLEASE help?

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,941 Views)

Did you attach the images? I don't seem to be able to see them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,928 Views)

Hi,

I did not, sorry, it has been one of those weeks, now attached

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,925 Views)

Hi Simon,

You can create a new instance of the ModuleCFG StationGlobal within TestStand 2012 itself from your Sequence File tab.  Within the "Steps" section of the TestStand environment you should see two tabs at the bottom of the screen.  The first tab allows you to view the steps within any given sequence and the second tab allows you to view all of your variables, including the StationGlobal variables that you have.

You can expand the StationGlobals tree to view any created StationGlobals.  Right click on the StationGlobals header and select "Insert Station Global".  You will need to select "Container" from the drop down list of options provided.  Within that container you can then create the Type, TypeNum, TypeName, PTR_Path, Upload_Path, PostScript and AGain string variables by right clicking on the container header and selecting "Insert Field".  You will need to select "String" from the drop down list provided.

Let me know if this helps.

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
Message 4 of 8
(3,858 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the interest and the reply.

That has helped and got me over the initial problem.

Can I ask as how/where is the 'Type' is defined for example UUTData, see attached picture. 

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,838 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Srm27

Hi Simon,

"Type" refers to Step Types, Custom Data Types or Standard Data Types which can each be accessed by going to View >> Types (or Ctrl + T).  It is within this configuration tab that you create custom data types within TestStand.  

What you are looking at in the "Variables" tab of your sequence file are the Custom or Standard Data Types that can be used within TestStand as variables.  Custom Data Types are separated from the Standard Data Types by the separator line.  Custom Data Types appear above this line while Standard Data Types appear below the line.

Custom Data Types can be created for use as StationGlobal variables through the "Types" configuration tab.  From the "View Types For:" selection, expand the "Other" option from the tree.  You can then left click on"Station Globals *" and expand the "Custom Data Types" tree to view a list of created Custom Data Types.  Right click to insert a new Type for use as a predefined variable data type within your Station Globals. 

Let me know if this helps.

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,810 Views)

Hi,

Much appreciated, that has help.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,786 Views)

No worries.  You may want to mark this forum as solved so that others can find the solution to the question more easily.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,773 Views)