From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop on selected steps using entry point set in LabVIEW OI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have an Operator Interface where the operator has the ability to select particular steps and loop on selected steps as required.

LoopOn.png

Everything works as intended but the customer would like to supress the default Loop configuration pop-up box.

loop on selected tests.png

The loop parameters needs to set programmatically (not by the user). I figured out how to build the interactive arguments but not sure how to pass this.

interactive arguments.png

Any ideas / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

SS

Message 1 of 6
(4,312 Views)

Have you tried calling SequenceFileViewMgr.LoopOnSelectedSteps?

-Doug

Message 2 of 6
(4,279 Views)

Hi,

My name is Mark and I'm an Applications Engineer at National Instruments.

I have looked at your issue and it seems that you are on the right track here. Your code snippet seems to generate valid data and in order to avoid the "Loop on Selected Steps" dialog you simply need to feed the "BuildInteractiveArgs" output from your example to the "interactiveArgsVal" input on an invoke node with a method named "Loop on Selected Steps" (see picture below). Once this has been done, TestStand will receive all the data needed and the pop-up box will not be shown.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps.

I will look forward to your reply.

Mark N
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
Message 3 of 6
(4,275 Views)

I am aware of this method and it works well but the requirement is to run with the process model entry point for example "Test UUTs"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,262 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UnspecifiedError

@UnspecifiedError wrote:

I am aware of this method and it works well but the requirement is to run with the process model entry point for example "Test UUTs"

Use SequenceViewMgr.ExecutionEntryPoints to get the corresponding EntryPoint object, then use EntryPoint.LoopOnSelectedSteps().

Hope this helps,

-Doug

Message 5 of 6
(4,256 Views)

Now thats why they pay you the big bucks.

Thanks very much Dug, much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,247 Views)