From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging to different Databases on same Station

Solved!
Go to solution

In the attached sequence i'm trying use the databaseoptions callback, to choose the database in use from within the sequence.

My result Processing options are also attached.

The problem is that the precondition on the step "Set DB1" in databaseoptions, is not evaluated as I expect !

If i check the value of "Parameters.ModelPlugin.Base.DisplayNameExpression" during runtime it acutally has the value "DB1", but still the step "Set DB1" is skipped !

any ideas ?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,096 Views)

BTW I get the attached error when running the sequence.

Any Idea what it means ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,091 Views)

My first question is solved by this "http://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/330/thread-id/52945/page/1"

Precondition has to be:

Parameters.ModelPlugin.Base.DisplayNameExpression == "\"DB1\""

The error in my second message is still present

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,082 Views)

Maybe there is problem with file path - in error message it says, that it unables to open file "...\ModelPlugins". But this is folder, not a file... Maybe this is a problem?

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,053 Views)

maybe - however i have no clue where that path is specified.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,041 Views)

Hi,

According to the error, you are trying to access a particular file, which may not be available on your PC or is blocked for some reason. This is because you are using a model plug-in sequence file that must be saved in the specified file path in the error dialog box. This is explained further in the following link:

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052K-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/pmpcreatingplugins/

Just to confirm, is the following filepath not available on your PC? This is where your Add-Ons would be saved!

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2014 (32-bit)\Components\Models\ModelPlugins

Best Regards,

Jeneni

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,979 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NikolajEgeskovOstergaard

If i skip the step to override modelplugin in databaseoptions callback I can make the sequence define which database to log to.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,959 Views)

that path is available on my pc

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,958 Views)