NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log Additional Result to Specific Column in Database

I'm posting this as additional documentation to what I've found on the subject. There's a lot of information online about database logging, but nothing I've found directly addresses this question. As someone relatively new to TestStand, I had a very difficult time finding relevant documentation and even more difficult time bringing it together to achieve the desired result. Figuring out how to log additional values to an arbitray location in a database should be as easy as the solution. Adding this functionality is most easily done through the TestStand API. There are screenshots and attached source files to demonstrate.

Seq.PNG

option: 1 = PropOption_InsertIfMissing

MyColumn.PNG 

Relevant links

Storing Additional Information for UUTs and Test Stations in Process Models

SetValNumber Method

Download All
Message 1 of 4
(3,136 Views)

Hello Poolean,

Thank you for your post. It is very helpfull,  but I still cannot understand how to do same things for my NumericLimit steps.

Let's say I want to record to my custom table a NumericLimit step result together with some additional value (ExpectedValue, for instance)  which is different for every NumericLimit step in the sequence. How to configure Additional Results?

What  I should provide for <Value to log> from DataBase Options?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,599 Views)

Hi Poolean

thanks for your post, I managed to solve my problem following your demonstration! I would give you 100 Kudos for this if possible..

Raphael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,974 Views)

Hi Raphael,

Thank you for your reply. I saw the post of Poolean but unfortunately, the solution is not fit for my case. I need to report some extra string data for my test's steps but the data is not the same, but it unique for every step. So, in nutshell, I'm looking for an elegant way how to extend StepResult with a custom field.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,929 Views)