NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading different diagnostic reasoning steps for differnt UUTs

I have to load differnt diagnostic rules for differnt versions of the same UUT.  I read the UUT configuration and based on it and its internal SW version, I want to execute an appropriate diagnostic rule set for it. I could just call another sequence, but I want to be able to update these rules easily, like from a database or excel SS.

Is there a way to program a set of diagnotic flow control rules and bring them into Teststand from a simple XML, CSV, txt file so that I can do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,033 Views)

Hi,

I think you are looking for property loader step type.

It parses values from the external text based files and updates the variables or step values.

For example your test sequence steps can be like this :

if (locals.testroute == 1) do something

else if (testroute==2) do something else

and so on...

Now the locals.testroute value can be loaded from an external file using property loader step type.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,018 Views)

thanks but i have several test steps (>100) and want to put all their comparison limits and resultant flow changes into its own file for each version of the UUT.  Any cerative ideas fo rthis?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,987 Views)

Hi,

You should be able to add any number of variables, test limits into the text file.

To do this use : Tools menu --> Import/Export properties.

With this tool --> export option --> you can create a file which has all the variables and limits name with values.

Modify the values and import it.

This is an offline tool.

Once this is working you can do it dynamically load the values into your test sequence using the property loader step type.

The tool allows you to add any number of variables\test limits to the file.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,946 Views)

thanks but does anybody have any good examples of doing this?  Whats the benefits of using the SQL verses the excel file type? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,928 Views)

,Hi,

In the examples folder you can look into the property loader examples.

It has examples for loading from a text file and also from a DB.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,925 Views)