NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency between two DAQmxWriteDigitalU32 calls

Hi everybody, 

It is the first time that I use a NI board, I have a NI PXI 6259.

I want to generate two signal Sig1 and Sig2 which could be controlled independently : I want SigS1 = 1, SigS2 = 0 and inverse these values to have SigS1=0 and SigS2 = 1.

I have created 2 task : taskSigS1 and taskSigS2 with (DAQmxCreateTask) and two chan with (DAQmxCreateDOChan).

What I noticed, is between two call of DAQmxWriteDigitalU32 : one to set SigS1 to 0 and the second to set SigS2 to 1, I have a latency period of about 1 or 2 ms.

Trying avoid that, I kept only one task for the two sig : I can inverse SigS1 and SigS2 at the same time.

My need is to control this latency : i want in some case add a latency period between SigS1 and SigS2 and control this latency period : for example 0.01 ms from the falling edge of S1 and the rising edge of S2.

Do you have any idea or advice on this ?

Thank you very much for your answers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,727 Views)

Hi,

You should post this over on the DAQ forums instead of the TestStand forums. You're going to need to configure a sample clock to use hardware timing if you haven't already. 1-2 ms delay sounds about right if you're using Software/On-Demand timing.

If you're not familiar with this, there should be examples installed in <C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments>.

-Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,693 Views)

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer, I try to post it on DAQ Forums and have a look on the sample clock and hardware timing

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,690 Views)