From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview doesn't lunch from testStand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm quit new to testStand.

I have both testStand & labview 2016.

when i debug a sequence in testStand and use step into on a labview code module,

labview doesn't lunch. the debugger just step over the module.

When I try to do the same with testStand 2013 (also installed on my pc),

it seems to work fine.

Is there some sort of comatapility issue or configuration new to testStand 2016?

Thanks for any help,

Barukh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,850 Views)

Configure -> adapters...

Select labview->configure->check labivew development system

solved it for me

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,831 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author barukh

Barukh,

it sounds to me that the LV adapter of TestStand 2016 is configured to run VIs in the LV RTE (RunTime Engine). This is NOT the default configuration, so if that is the reason, someone had to change it.

You can change adapter configuration by selecting Configure >> Adapters. Make sure that the LabVIEW adapter uses the Development System.

Another option for this behavior is that the VIs are being distributed with the Block Diagram removed. That can be done using the LV Application Builder and create a source distribution. So if adapter configuration is not the source of the issue, please verify that you can open the VIs in LV and view the Block Diagrams.

PS: The word for starting things is launch. Lunch is what you eat at noon 🙂

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,830 Views)

Thanks, problem solved 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,827 Views)