NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview OI executable hangs when started.

Hello,
Specs:
2 Systems running:
Dell Precision workstations 670
Windows 2000
Labview 6.1
TestStand 2.0.1

I have compiled the Labview custom Operator Interface (slightly modified) into an executable file (SPR_TSM.EXE) which I installed on each machine. However, on one of the machines when running the executable, the application just hangs at the initial "loading" screen without even displaying the window (just a white square). Then I need to end the process from the task manager. The only way I have found to run the application is to open the SeqEdit.exe (sequence editor) which in turns opens my application because of using the TestStandLVGUIRTS server (!?). The same application runs OK in the other system. I have tried in several user accounts and the problem persists even for users belonging to the ADMIN group. All permissions in the C: driver were set to FULL CONTROL for EVERYONE.
Please let me know what can else I do to solve this problem. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,730 Views)
Hi,

It maybe because the TestStandLVGUIRTS server has been registered. You might have to do this manually, the instructions are in the back of the teststand users manual.

regards
ray farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 3
(2,722 Views)

Thanks very much for the info. It seems to be working, however not as I expected. For this machine I have the application (spr_tsm) running from a batch file that does:

spr_tsm /RegServer

spr_tsm

I tried just registering the application in the command prompt and then running the executable, but it still "hangs" when called from the shortcut. On all occasions I have confirmed that the TestStandLVGUIRTS is listed in the dcomcnfg screen.Another interesting note is that when uninstalling the application there is always an error "Write permission to the Registry denied, LABVIEW Server not unregistered" but it removes TesStandLVGUIRTS from the dcom list. Again, thanks a lot for the info!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,714 Views)