From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Array Passing to TestStand Report

Hello,
I am very new to NI-TestStand.
I am creating a TestStand sequence. one of it's step is calling a LabView VI. This LabView VI is creating 2 variables (array of
numbers), like Rarray1 and Rarray2 and storing them in LabView Indicators.
I want to pass these 2 variables to the TestStand Report.
How to do it?

Regards
Holy

I am using LabView 7.1 and TestStand 3.1 running on Windows 2000.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,132 Views)
Holy,

TestStand has a test step type called Multiple Numeric Limit Test which tests that an array's elements are between an upper and lower limit.  When you run this step the values of your array will be displayed in the report.  On the other hand, this step type only accepts one array.

Would it be possible for you to send both arrays as one into TestStand?

If you need to send both arrays independently, you will have to create a custom step type.  There is an excellent example that demonstrates how to do this in NI's "Using TestStand" document (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/323436a.pdf).  You can find it in Chapter 10 under "Adding Custom Step Type Properties to a Report".

Santiago D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,104 Views)

Hi Santiago,

Thanks for the response. It helps me a lot. I have gone through the Chapter 10 under "Adding Custom Step Type Properties to a Report".

I am able to pass array1 to the TestStand Report, but again not able to pass second array ie. array2 to the TestStand Report.

I actually need to send both arrays to the report and plot them in the same graph.

another method we can make cluster of both arrays and send it to the report. But how to send the cluster to the report?

Nihal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,093 Views)

Hi holy,

You could create on the front panel of your VI your graph using Graph Indicator, then save the image of the graph to your result folder location, then before returning back from your VI to TestStand you pass a Text string via the Step.Result.ReportText which is formated as HTML tags so that when view it will show your image of the graph.

....big thunder storm just going over head so shutting down......

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,079 Views)

Hi,

I thought I had an TS2.0 example using LV6.0.2, capturing a Graph and inserting the jpg insert my result, but I haven't come across it yet.

But I did find this example, see attached

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,074 Views)
Hi Ray,
Capturing the graph as gif/jpg file and inserting gif/jpg file to report, is a good idea.
but saving file and sending to report is a lengthy process.
It will be good if you can tell me about how to pass cluster to the report.

Nihal

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,067 Views)
Hi Holy,

I think that you should also take a look at the shipping example that comes with TestStand called DIsplay Array in Report.  You can find this in the follwoing path:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\Examples\DisplayArrayInReport\UsingLabVIEW\DIsplayArrayinReport.

I believe this is what you are looking for.
Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
Data Management Product Manager
National Instruments
Message 7 of 7
(4,052 Views)