From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIew Runtime server

The first version of TS I used was 3.1about 1+ years ago and never heard about the LabVIEW Runtime Server, I always used either the LV RTE or the Dev System as my LV adapters. Now, I'm trying to move some old stuff that is in TS3.0 LV7.0 to TS3.5 LV8.2 and I am having problems creating the LVRTS executable (windows problems). Does anybody know where can I find documentation on this? Everybody seems to have forgotten why are we even using it...

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,131 Views)

Hi,

The Runtime Server was provided, so that you could run the LabVIEW code modules, when deployed on a system with no developement system. The Server could either be the LVRTS or the Labview Operator Interface.

What windows problems are you having?

One thing to remember, make sure all you VIs are at the same versions that includes your code modules and the various TS assoicated VI's.

You dont really have to do much with the RTS, just mass compile all the relevant VI's. Load the bld file and rebuild.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,119 Views)
Hi Ray,

This is the error I get (see attachment). Another question, what is the difference between running with the LV RTE and the TSLVRTS as adapters?

Thank you for your help
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,112 Views)
What is strange is that I run it and causes the error, the next time I run it there is no error, next time an error again, and so on. Could it be an .ini file? or a method calling C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\lkdynam.dll???
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,108 Views)

Hi,

I found this related link, its for when upgrading to LV 6.1 but it still might apply.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/86256A47004E16D186256B1B00542948

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,082 Views)