From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABView application calling from TestStand

Hi
I have a top level LABview application (VI) which calls 4 other  VI's, does some a simple
computation , and displays 3 graphs as an output.

I want to integrate and  run it from TestStand and get the results to the teststand report including data as well as graphs.
However with my knowledge of teststand, I am not able to create a testsequence that performs this task.
please advice.

Thanks in advance

Holy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,688 Views)

Hi,

Is it a labview application (exe file) or the actual top level VI that you want to interface with teststand.

If, its the VI, then you can save the result arrays into some teststand Locals directly from your VI conector pane (assuming you are using TestStand 3.x). Then use some None Adapter steps types to act on each of your array data. 

If your report is HTML, you can use the report option to insert a graph based on your result array.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,684 Views)
Hi Ray,
Thanks for the response. I am using TestStand 3.1 running on Windows 2000.
My Labview application is not the exe file, it's the actual top level VI, which calls 4 other  VI's.
Could you please tell me how to save result arrays to Locals.
by going to View ---> Type Palette.
or some other way?
another thing I didn't get the following line...
"Then use some None Adapter steps types to act on each of your array data."

As I told you I am very new to TestStand, so need more help from you.

Thanks
Holy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,673 Views)

Hi Holy,

Looks like you have a similar thread running http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=8088 and Santiago D. has provided a good example which should met your needs but I will be happy to provide maybe a simpler solve for you.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 08-31-2005 08:21 AM

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,671 Views)