From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Shortcut for Skipping Steps

Hi,

I found this paragraph 

In the TestStand Sequence Editor, you can fully customize the pane and tab layout to optimize development and debugging tasks. You can also interactively customize the menus, toolbars, and keyboard shortcuts. Refer to the NI TestStand Help for more information about working with panes in the sequence editor.

from: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052K-01/tsref/infotopics/seqeditor/

I want to be able to create my own shortcut to set steps to Skip/Normal in the sequence editor (at edit time, not run time).  I have found this same paragraph in multiple places in TestStand help, but have found no actual documentation on the process of  "interactively customize the menus, toolbars, and keyboard shortcuts."  

Is this possible?  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,657 Views)

Hi,

You can create your own Keyboard shortcuts.Please follow below instructions..

1. Right click on the tool bar on sequence editor and select "Customize".

2. Click on Keyboard button to specify shortcuts.

3. Select Debug under categories. Now you can see all the commands available.

4. You can select any command for which you want to create a keyboard shortcut. (In your case "Force to Fail", "Force to Pass", "Normal", "Skip") and then select any shortcut you want to assign and click on Assign button.

Forum2.png

Note: After specifying a shortcut you should click on Assign before selecting other command, otherwise it will be reset to None.

7. Once you are done assigning all the shortcuts click Close.

You can also find detailed Help about Customizing ToolBars and Menus in TestStand Help ( search for "Customizing ToolBars and Menus" in NI TestStand Help)

Hope this helps, Please le us know if you have any questions..

-Deepak

Message 2 of 7
(5,642 Views)

Thank you, but I can't seem to get the Customize dialog box to show up. When I right click on the toolbar and select customize, the only thing that happens is the toolbars are now "ready" to be reorganized by drag and drop.  There is no window where I can select Toolbars, Commands, or Options.  Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,621 Views)

Hi,

When you click on the highlighted buttons or right click on "Menu Bar" or "Tool Bar" you should be able to get to the customize dialog..

Forum3.png

Could you please attach a screen shot of what you are seeing when you select Customize option.?

-Deepak

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,615 Views)

Sure thing.  Here are two screenshots of my PC. ClickedCustomize.png is directly after clicking the customize button.  CantLocateWinow.png is hovering over the new window that shows up in the taskbar, but cannot be selected.  If I click on the new window from the taskbar, it just shows the TestStand window. Nothing happens wiht TestSand, I can't move it or resize it until I exit the customize mode by pressing enter.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,612 Views)

Hi,

This issue sometimes happens when an application is launched in a secondary monitor and later the secondary monitor is disconnected while the application is still running. In this state, if you launch any dialog from the application, the dialog pops up on the secondary monitor which is currently not connected and hence you would not be able to access the main application as well. To resolve this issue, please follow either of the below steps.

1. Right click on the dialog in task bar and click on "Move" and use arrow keys to move the dialog to the primary monitor as shown below.

Untitled.png

or

2. Connect to a secondary monitor where you can access the dialog.

Note: Please try launching any application in the primary monitor itself so that you do not face the same issue in the future.

With Best Regards,
Srivinayaka
National Instruments
Message 6 of 7
(5,596 Views)

Thank You! I have come across this type of issue before, but it has been so long since I opened TestStand when I had two monitors connected I didn't even think this could be it.  This one was particulaly persnickety, I ended up having to reconnect another monitor AND set that monitor to be on the correct side, but I got it.  And now I have my shortucts. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,588 Views)