NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It has no complete reply strings when using TestStand to call cmd.exe to execute a series of commands

Hello,

I am tring to write a bin file into a hardware memory by using ftp commands.And I have write all the commands in a file D:\cmdlist.ftp.

When I open cmd.exe on my computer,it can execute the command ftp -n -s:"D:\cmdlist.ftp" successfully and return all the correct information.

But when I use TestStand,I use Call Executable and select C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe in Call Setting and then put ftp -n -s:"D:\cmdlist.ftp" in Input String,it just return all the commands I wrote in this file,I can not see any reply information.

The strange thing is that the hardware still reboot after I use teststand,it seems the command execute successfully.

Is there any setting I need to do to get the reply?Thanks for your great help.

BR,

CC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,109 Views)

Try calling ftp.exe directly from the call executable step (using the arguments setting to pass the arguments, not stdin) instead of calling cmd.exe. Using cmd.exe is just launching the command prompt application and telling it to then launch ftp. I think what you want is to launch ftp.exe directly.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,092 Views)