From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with running a .NET assembly with array arguements

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running a test stand sequence and I am currently running a method from a .NET assembly which uses an object created earlier in the sequence.  This method requires three array arguements of types (string, enumeration, and numeric).  It returns a value of enumeration.  When I set only one item in each of these arrays, I get this error when the sequence gets to this step

"An error occurred while identifying the parameter type.  The type index has a value of 16 which is an invalid value."

"-17500; Operation Failed".

Can anyone explain this error for me in better detail so I can figure out what to do to the step.  If I set this up in a LabView VI, there are no issues.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,744 Views)

What version of TestStand are you using? The .NET adapter changed significantly in TestStand 2010. Can you paste the exact prototype of the method and enumerations involved into a post to this forum.

NOTE: If you are using the .NET adapter a lot and aren't yet using TestStand 2010, I recommend trying TestStand 2010 if possible since there are many significant enhancements to the .NET adapter in the TestStand 2010 release.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,740 Views)
I am using TestStand 4.2
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,715 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mcfrenzy36

Please post the full prototype of your method and anything else that might help us reproduce this issue. Also, if you want to, you can download the eval version of TestStand 2010 from ni.com and try it out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,704 Views)