NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue running a VI in Teststand that has subVI's in a LLB

Hello Community,

I am using Teststand 2013.

I created a VI that uses subVI's in a llb. The VI created is outside the llb.

The subVI's are being used from FlashPro430-Labview.llb

There are about 50 VI's in the llb, but I only needed to use about 20 of them.

When I run the VI I created through Labview it works great and programs my control. Smiley Happy

Goal is to program my control with the VI I created through Teststand.

I added the VI to a Sequence in Teststand, even tried using absolute path, and it fails right away. The VI is the only step in the seqeunce and is a Pass/Fail Test. It works if I open the original VI through Labview, close the VI, leave the instance of Labview running, then I open Teststand and run the squence. I believe it is not finding/using the subVI's in the llb when ran through Teststand.

What am I missing or not understanding when it comes to using the llb with Teststand in order to get my VI to work through Teststand without having to open the original VI first? It is annoying to have to open the original VI everytime in order to get my sequence to work and it is not ideal for the end user.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,971 Views)

Kevin,

do you get an error in TestStand? If so, what is it?

How did you configure your LV adapter in TS?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,949 Views)

Norbert,

I do not get any errors in Teststand. 

Labview adapter in Teststand is set to Development System (Active Version: 13.0.1 (2013 SP1)(32-bit))

I selected to edit the VI in Teststand and ran the VI with Highlight Execution on. I noticed it did execute the subVI's. The issue seems to be something with an ini file for one of the subVI's. So I started to do a search on using ini files with Teststand and came across this link... http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A67A5BF68000344B862576C4005F59E5 I am still trying to understand what I am reading to see if I am going in the right direction. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,935 Views)

What happens exactly if the code modules dont execute properly?

If there are no errors popping up, how do you know that they dont execute properly?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,896 Views)