NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to obtain the results of a sequence call in the call step itself?

Basically I want to access Locals.ResultList entry for that step, FROM that step.

For example, I would like in post actions of that sequence call to do something with the sequence call  results.

Are they filled at that time? Is there another point where to get the results in the same step?

Order of Actions

I susspect the proper time would be at: Call Post-ResultList Entry Engine callback. In that case can I call this callback only for a certain step type (sequence call in my case)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,920 Views)

@CristianL. wrote:

[...] In that case can I call this callback only for a certain step type (sequence call in my case)?

Each type of callback (e.g. SequenceFilePostStepFailure) is called for all step types alike as soon as the calling constraint (in that example: the step gets the result status "Failed") is met.

However, the easiest way to accomplish your goal is using the callback SequenceFilePostResultListEntry and then filter (switch-case) the step type of the step which had this result list entry.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,902 Views)

Hi CristianL

i think this thread will help you

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Repeating-a-Failed-Sequence-once-more/td-p/1042268/highlight/tr...

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,848 Views)