From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add to the existing values in a container when a LabVIEW prototype (cluster) changes?

Is there a way to add to the existing values in a container when a LabVIEW prototype (cluster) changes?

I have a cluster with 90 values..  ninety!  yes that many.

Change one bloody value and the prototype changes in the TestStand step...  Reload the prototype and guess what happens??!!??

All the bloody values get reset to defaults!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If it was in one place, I could survive the ordeal.  But I have to change bloody prototypes in many places!!!!

more AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even copy the bloody values!!!!!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are there any tricks that I am not aware of, or have forgotten over the years, or...  ...   something??!!??!???!!

If there are none, I will have to post an improvement to TestStand..  I should mention I am using an older version (4.1).

😞

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,416 Views)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I am not not very famous with LV and its cluster types.

So no idea if this works (it works for DataTypes updates very well and a LV cluster is Data Type so.... maybe)

Make a copy of the step that has to be modified to an new sequencefile. 

Make modifications the in the copy.

Now you should have the same DataType Name but other contents in the container. Save it.

Normally there should be a message box that tells you that version has been incremented. - Accept it.

Set in StationOptions-File "Allow Automatic ...." to Never.

Open original sequencefile. Now the there must be a type conflict. Accept/Apply to all  "Use Current Loaded.."

You have updated the type.....

Hope this worked,

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,401 Views)

Hi Juergen,

I am not working on the TestStand project at the moment, but what you recommended makes sense.  I think my problem was the setting in the StationOptions.

I've been away from TestStand for a while, but I do recall the "Use Currently Loaded..." selection.

I will let you know if this worked.

Many thanks,

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,398 Views)

The issue was actually the adapter setting from Development to using Run-Time Engine.

Doesn't make sense to me, but that was the cure... 

Strange

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,348 Views)

My last post was not entirely true..  The real solution was to simply save the vi again.  Although that vi was not recently modified.  It was OK with the development adapter, but not the run-time engine for the sane version of LabVIEW..

Strange... 

... and annoying...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,344 Views)