From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a method to document all code modules in workspace

I would like a way to document all the code modules called from multiple sequence files.  I'm using lots of Labview Classes and this would help with configuration control.

I've looked at the Sequence File Documentation Tool, but it doesn't really give me what I want (too much info).  Plus I have to run it on every sequence file and then deal with multiple outputs.

Any ideas or exsiting tools I don't know about?

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,043 Views)

Hi Kevin,

You could try this: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-7139

It works on a single sequence file, but you should be able to modify it to do multiple sequence files.

Hope this helps.

-Jack

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,026 Views)

This could work.  I will have to modify to log project file, class name, and member vis.  At least now I don't have to start with a blank page.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,014 Views)

You may be interested in the workspace documentation tool (in the Tools menu), which documents all of the files in a workspace.  

2013-02-15_105557.png

While this tool will not automatically find code modules, you can right click sequences in the workspace and select Insert Code Modules to add the code to the workspace before using the documentation tool.

I would recommend removing these code module folders from the workspace when you are deploying to prevent possible file conflicts.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,998 Views)