From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the stationglobals the only choice to share parameter between process modal file and client sequence file?

I would like to do some initialization work in the preUUTloop callback, but it's in process modal, and parameters can't transfered to client main sequence, is there any better solution than using stationglobals?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,165 Views)

Hi,

In the query of http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=13571

The UUT serial number was obtained from the Locals of the either the Sequence TestUUTs or Single Pass.

This was done by using the lookup string "RunState.Caller.Locals.UUT.SerialNumber".

Therefore you could use a similar approach.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,161 Views)

Thanks for reply

I understand the runstate.caller..... expression can be used in client file to get access to parameter in process model,

then, how to access parameter of client sequence file in the process model?

I want to do an setup in the preuutloop callback and all work should be done within that callback.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,146 Views)

Hi,

Try RunState.ProcessModelClient.Data.Seq["MainSequence"].Locals would access the Locals in the MainSequence of the Client SequenceFile.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,144 Views)
hi ray,

sorry, but I can't find this runstate.processmodelclient......in the expression edit dialog neither in process model file or client file.

only I can find it in the sequence context during a break of execution of client file, not in the break of execution of process model file.

do you mean I shall ignore the format error promptly of to use this expression?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,141 Views)

Hi,

Yeah, sorry should have mentioned that is only available during execution, so ignore any errors.

regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,138 Views)