NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke dll in sequence, is the dll alway working if the sequence if running?

Hi guys.

I have a question on dll invoke in sequence.

I have tried to delete the dll in harddisk when the sequence is open without runing, but not success, so I guess the dll is running when the sequence is open in editor.
My dll is look like this, the dll is write in VC++, and there is some event in it, so the dll can monitor the Com port and to if Tx is low so the dll download something to product.
I can use this dll in my another VC++ download software and so as the executeable is running, the event is working. But I am not so sure on if the dll is alway running and can the event work well, so I tried to made a sequence with initialize the dll step and then give a loop to monitor the globals which are used by the dll and come out some status flags so as to use sequence monitor the download status, but it is not successful so far.

I just want to ask if I unsderstand the dll call in sequnence right. And is there any experience on the problem like me?

*The best Chinese farmer*
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,755 Views)

Hi Paul,

I could not quite understand if you call that dll from a TestStand step. If you do, double-click that step go to Run Options tab change the value of the Unload Option combo box to "Unload after the sequence executes". This way, the dll will be "freed" after the execution is complete. If the option is currently "Unload when sequence file is closed" then you have to close the sequence file to delete/move/modify the dll file.

Hope this helps.

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,743 Views)