From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid LV Queue Ref in TestStand

Solved!
Go to solution
Norbert,

Using exactly this cast... Tried using a named Q.. Same picture. Either my installation is screwed completely or there is a conceptional error. Will continue experimenting 2nite

Cheers
Oli
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(3,824 Views)
Norbert,

Using exactly this cast... Tried using a named Q.. Same picture. Either my installation is screwed completely or there is a conceptional error. Will continue experimenting 2nite

Cheers
Oli
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(3,823 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oli_Wachno

Oli,

i wouldn't expect this to be the reason for the difference, but i use TS 2013. Maybe you want to check with that version as well....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(3,822 Views)

Hi Norbert,

I've compiled a sample in the attached zip file. LV2013 and TS 2013

1. Use I32 Ref

2. Use Named Q

3. Use FGV to store Reference in (thought this would actually solve the problem, but it did not Smiley Sad

I guess that once again it's a silly little mistake....

Cheers

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(3,812 Views)

Oli,

if your example should create a runtime error, i have to disappoint you. On my machine, there is no error occuring.

As your example cannot really prove correct functionality, i modified it by adding enqueue and dequeue. Please check attached example.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(3,801 Views)

Norbert,

I would rather call it surprise than disappoint.....on my machine, it's still giving me runtime error 1.

Please see screenshot attached.

But it makes me more and more suspicious regarding my machine....

Have a good weekend

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(3,787 Views)

Are you sure the OI VI and the Vis running in Testand are using the same instance of LabVIEW?

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(3,776 Views)
Not even using an OI at the moment ... Took Norbert's example and ran it from Sequence Editor using different entry points.... Trying to get hold of another system to double check during the day.
Though I'm quite optimistic it'll turn out to be some stupid thing I'm missing.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(3,773 Views)

i did a simple example with LV 2012 TS 2012 that works just fine, maybe I did'nt understand your problem well enough.. but Queue references work well in TS

Let me know if it works on your computer.

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(3,767 Views)

Hey Oli,

It's possible you're seeing behavior inconsistent with our results if you have your LabVIEW adapter configured to not reserve VIs for execution. Could you click Configure > Adapters > LabVIEW, and make sure the circled setting is checked?

QueueRefReserve.PNG\

With this setting checked, you should be able to pass the queue reference between VIs through TestStand. It also shouldn't be necessary to typecast the reference; TestStand should properly interpret it. Let us know how it goes!

Message 20 of 23
(3,762 Views)