NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error Code 7 Starting Analysis

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to create installer for one of my application and got stuck with Deployment error. Build status says as following

Starting a log for the deployment.

Starting Analysis

Finished Analysis

Internal error code 7 Starting Analysis

Path must be an LLB or directory.

Aborted

When you click Distributor tab, it asks " Would you like to analyze the source files?", When i click OK, it says -- " < No File information, analyze a workspace>"

But it doesnt give the same issue when i uncheck the " From Teststand Public Directories" in System Source tab. But i need to include public directory to create installer properly. What could be the issue?

I have created installer couple of months back and its working perfectly fine . But now i need to revise the sequence, hence the Installer. But not stuck

teststand Version 2012

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,117 Views)

When you include the TestStand Public directory the Deployment Utility automatically includes the following three directories:

<TestStand Public>\Components

<TestStand Public>\CodeTemplates

<TestStand Public>\UserInterfaces

If these three directories don't exist then you could get the error message you mention. 

In order to diagnose the problem I would suggest creating a sequence with a message popup, in the Message Expression put the following expression:

RunState.Engine.GetTestStandPath(TestStandPath_Public)

And navigate to that directory and verify that the Components, CodeTemplates and UserInterfaces directories exist. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,110 Views)

Heyfor the info. I could able to fix it. It was because of one of the custom made UI folder in UserInterface folder. When i removed it, its working fine. But now i got another issue.

*** Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)

*** Error Details:

Error in MDF API function: _MDFBuildDist_Build

ERROR: Caught MSI Exception:

<Unable to format error record.>

MSI error code: 110

*** End Error Report

this Error message comes in the final stage of build. But i doesnt come when you uncheck Install Teststand Engine option. Not able to figure it out, why it comes

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,088 Views)

NMGE,

Could you explain what you mean by a "custom made folder"? In order to improve future versions of TestStand I would like to understand this problem a bit better.

I am not as familiar with installer creation; however, MSI error code 110 seems to revolve around permissions. You should check the following:

1. The temp directory is writable and not encrypted (you can get to the temp directory in your computer by navigating to %temp% in the file explorer)
  2. The installer directory is writable and not encrypted
  3. If you create a new TSD and just deploy the TestStand engine, does that work?

I will try to investigate more about this issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,083 Views)

I have customised UI for my application using Simple UI Interface of Teststand. UserInterface folder has got Simple UI and Full Featured UI folders in it. Along with it i had one more folder with name of my project and that folder contained project files of UI and EXE. When i removed all the files except EXE file( which is required in build) it works perfectly fine.

But this problem dint occur when i build the application for first time couple of weeks ago in same development system. Even that time i had that custom folder in UserInterface folder.

I have tried first two options by unchekcing the Read only files on those folders and also tried creating installer with only Teststand Engine. But result is same,

Copying setup files

Setting merged database information

Setting product information

Setting developer part information

Starting final build

Validating...

Copying files...

Scanning files...

*** Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)

*** Error Details:

Error in MDF API function: _MDFBuildDist_Build

ERROR: Caught MSI Exception:

<Unable to format error record.>

MSI error code: 110

*** End Error Report

Done building deployment

Internal error code -12 Making an installer, please wait...

Deployment Utility Splash Screen - TestStand.vi >> Distribution Wizard GUI - TestStand.vi >> Build - TestStand.vi >> Create Meta Installer - TestStand.vi >> Build Meta Installer - TestStand.vi >> MDFBuildDist_Build.vi

The installer is finished

Loading product deployment information

The build is finished

9:15 PM

Aborted

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,080 Views)

NMGE,

In order to diagnose this better we can use the logs that the Deployment Utility Generates. Would you mind attaching the logs from the installer error to this thread?

In order to do that, after the error has happened you can go to the Build Summary tab in the Deploymnet Utility and select the option Save Logs, this will generate a compressed file with information we can use to diagnose the problem.

Thanks a lot!

- Francisco

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,059 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NMGE

Fransico,

I re installed Teststand 2012 and the problem was resolved. couldnt figure it out what was going on. So uninstalled Teststand 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,057 Views)

Glad to hear it is solved 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,054 Views)

NMGE,

Would you have happened to save the log before reinstalling? If you did could you still attach it? Just so we can diagnose the problem on our end and try to figure out why it was happening (probably an installer issue at this point).

Thanks!

Francisco

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,049 Views)

I think i haven't saved the log file. Will check and will send, if i have it.

Thanks

Nijil

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,047 Views)