From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting/Editing Station Globals

I just inherited some TestStand sequence files that I need to modify.  Under Station Globals there are five or six container variables.  Inside each of these containers are groups of related variables.  Some of these variables are conatiners holding more variables.  There are at least three levels of containers in containers in containers.  I am able to Insert Field and Rename variables in the first two levels of the variable tree.  Once I start going deeper into the tree, I am unable to insert new variables or rename existing ones.  When I choose "View Contents" then right click, the "Insert Field" and "Rename" fields are greyed out.  Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,989 Views)
Are they read only types ?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,981 Views)

Is it an instance of a type? You will not able to rename the item in this type of container unless you change the actual date type.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,973 Views)
I resolved the issue.  It turns out I had to insert the variables into the container type branch of the type tree.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,966 Views)