NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert step menu jumbles

Hi all,

After adding new TypePalettes which were saved in another PC, the "Insert Step Menu" jumbles. I tried to reorder the Insert step menu using step menu editor and its works but I dont want to do manually since I am distributing this TypePalettes to the customer where I dont have access to it.

Is there a way to re arrange the step menu using TS APIs ? or How can I control this menu order in TestStand ?

I am using TS 2012.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,988 Views)

I haven't tried it with TestStand 2012, but with earlier versions, but I think the following would work...

When you distribute your new step types (after setting them up in the Menu Editor) also distribute the TestExec.ini file (from the Cfg link (c:\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\TestStand XXXXXX\Cfg))  Where XXXXXX is your particular version of TestStand. This file holds the type menu order (as well as a load of other TestStand settings.) It might be best to get the customer to send their TestExec.ini file, you update the menus and send it back with your new step types.)

Hope this helps,

Brian

Message 2 of 4
(2,978 Views)

I cannot modify and send the TestExec.ini, since there(Client PC) may be having some other step types which I dont know.

Any other best possible solution please.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,959 Views)

Also about the search directory configured in clients PC will be lost if I distribute new TestExec.ini.

And one more constraint is that I cannot get the TestExec.ini from the customer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,957 Views)