From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input value changing when passed from teststand to labview.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

I am trying to pass hex value from teststand to my labview VI . When i am running the VI independently by giving value like 00000010 i am getting the expected output of the VI.  But when same value is passed through teststand from local variable , when it reaches VI input it is getting conerted to 000000A0 and so i am getting wrong output.

I am not able to understand how the value is getting changed at the input parameter when it is passed from teststand to labview.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,513 Views)

d10 is xA...

You have to configure your TS variable to be hexadecimal as well.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,510 Views)

I have tried with it. I ahve changed the variable type to Hexa in teststand. But still when i am passing value from teststand to labview it is getting changed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,493 Views)

Can you post a simple example showing this?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,484 Views)

Unfortunately the system on which i have LV and TS does not have internet connection on it. I am accessing it remotely. So i a not able to post the same. Stil I will check if I can do it by some means.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,482 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LV_user1

I found out the mistake.  I was entering value in the wrong format in teststand.. instead of 0x10 i was entering only 010 and hence was getting converted to A.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,475 Views)