NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual report path with defined file name from the report settings in Testsand 2012

Hi,

I have following task:

I want to test stand 2012 in each sequence to change the path of the report file. But the naming of the file is to be maintained as these settings can be made from TestStand into the report (DisplayName + _Report_ [<FileDate>] [<FileTime>] <unique>. <File Extension). I can not find now, however, the / callback parameter on which the components are assembled path and file in TestStand.
While I can read about the callback "GetReportFilePath" the path and file name, and with the expression: Parameters.ReportFilePath = "c: \ \ electro \ \ SHARE \ \ test protocols \ \ Test Logs \ \" change the path, but the file name will no longer be formed from the settings of TestStand.
I have the suspicion that I'm just not accreting at the right place. Can someone please give me a hint?
greeting Michael
Greetings Michael
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,377 Views)

I am having the same problem; I know "GetReportFilePath" just gets the current report path only and does not enable you to change it. I think you need to use report options callback but am unsure how to do this in TestStand 12 as it is different from previous versions of TestStand.

Did you manage to solve this, I could do with some help myself on this; do you know how to do this now?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,331 Views)

May I suggest a solution. I don't know if it answers your problem and it is done under TestStand 2016, but I think it could be done under TestStand 2012

I use a station globals to change the path of the report (like in the picture below). You just have to set the station globals variable before TestStand compute the report file name. You can have more information about this subject in the section 'Specifying Report File Paths by Expression' of the TestStand help

Report.PNG

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,321 Views)

To complete my previous answer, it is also possible to specify the report path during your test.

you can see at the end of the help page 'Specifying Report File Paths by Expression', that

If the Report File Path expression contains the <UUTStatus> macro, the report generator determines the report file path after calling the MainSequence callback

Is it possible to you to add this macro ?

Or maybe you can 'cheat' and add this macro in the expression but not used in the path, for example something like (true ? your expression : <UUTStatus>). To be tested

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,310 Views)