From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Information about Step execution flow in TestStand help?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I was going through the step execution flow related page in TestStand help and I believe the links are wrongly specified in this particular page. Here is the link to the step execution page: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052R-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/step_execution/

For example, when the step is skipped (Action 3), it is mentioned that execution will move to Action 31, which is to execute the post action for the step. But post action will not be executed when a step is skipped. Also when I press on the link mentioning "Action Number 31", it actually points to "Action Number 33". Most of the links in the page take me two actions down the actual action number mentioned in the link.

Also, there is a paragraph below this table that also has few links and they are also pointing to a different Action number in the table and few action numbers are specified without any link. Someone please confirm this behavior so that the step execution is understood in the right way

Thanks,

Saranya

Message 1 of 4
(2,683 Views)

Yes, you are right - there are mismatches between links, and actual table row.. I checked it in Chrome, and in Mozilla; behaviour is the same (although ancors in the link should be correct, e.g. if link points to action 31, it has "#31"). Strange...

Someone has to update the document thought Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,643 Views)

Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like the 2014 SP1 help was updated to explicitly call out additional results for input/output parameters, but the other links in the table were not updated to account for the extra two elements in the table. For now, refer to the 2014 help for this topic.

I created CAR 637121 to fix this.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,604 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Saranbalu

Saranya -

You are correct that in Action Number 3, the text and link for Action Number 31 should be to 33.  This has already been reported and will be fixed in an upcoming release. Will see if we can add links to the bottom as well. Thanks.

Scott Richardson
Message 4 of 4
(2,601 Views)