From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incluing multiple test sequences in one teststand installer

Hello,

Is there a way to install multiple tests from one Teststand installer?

I want to be able to launch a Teststand installer then choose to install one test from a list.

This is how our current test SW (written with Perl script) is distributed. We have multiple test stations use one installer to install different test script to each test station. I am replacing it with teststand and need to know if this can be done.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,002 Views)

I think that you merge two things here which do not fit well together:

Deployment and runtime flexibility.

I ASSUME that your word "installation" refers to "what is executed later on that machine".

"Installation" in a traditional view is "what is COPIED to your machine". So installation tells nothing about what is executed later or not.

My recommendation is that you INSTALL all sequence files on the target machine. You should add some custom code which pre-selects sequence files available for the SPECIFIC TARGET, essentially making all other sequence files on the target (which are present, but shouldn't run on this machine) 'inexecutable'.

The alternative would be to go into the MSI package which was created by the TestStand Deployment Utility. I am quite sure that you can alter its setup to do what you seek, but i don't know how. I can imagine that you require additional tools from Microsoft for this.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,967 Views)