From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include PreUUT Results in Report

I would like to include the PreUUT Results in the Report. I've tried to utilise the description in http://www.ni.com/example/29069/en/, however i get an endless execution loop.

Also after termination the Report content is only from PreUUT. What principles are(am i ) missing? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,942 Views)

You are getting an endless execution loop because one of the parameters to PreUUT is a boolean called ContinueTesting.  If that doesn't get set to false the process model will keep looping.

You need to put some logic in your PreUUT that will set that flag to False on the second iteration.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,926 Views)

hey Jigg,

Thanks - I've added some logic to reset the flag, so single iteration... but i'm still only seeing the PreUUT Callback/ PreUUT Action in the Report.

Checked with the original  - "IncludePrePost.seq", it's the same outcome.

Are the expressions... 

Locals.ResultList=RunState.Root.Locals.ResultList[0].TS.SequenceCall.ResultList 

RunState.Root.Locals.ResultList[0].TS.SequenceCall.ResultList= Locals.ResultList

... in the PostUUT OK?

Cheers kech

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,915 Views)

That's because the reporting only looks at the first element in the ResultList in the process model.

You need to inject them into the MainSequence resultlist.  Not the Process Model result list.  The link you pointed out told how to do it.  If you are still struggling let me know and I might have time to throw together a little example.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,906 Views)

See if this one works.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,896 Views)

Hi Jigg, 

It works - but not completely.

The PostUUT Steps (1-4) don't appear in the report.

I've checked the content of "RunState.Root.Locals.ResultList[0].TS.SequenceCall.ResultList" after the expression "RunState.Root.Locals.ResultList[0].TS.SequenceCall.ResultList += Locals.ResultList" has run and it contains all 12 steps, so the Result Collection seems ok

Are there any special Report Generation or processing settings i've missed... !?!

TestStand Version 14.0.0.274 (64 bit)

Regards

kech

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,882 Views)

Are you using On-The-Fly reporting?  That might have something to do with it.  Turn it off and see if the results are different.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,866 Views)

I'm not using On-The-Fly reporting! ?

If i do - then as expected i only see the Main Sequence steps..

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,863 Views)

I'm very surprised this doesn't work for you then.  My next move would be to put a breakpoint in the plugin (I believe UUT - Done sequence) and see if all the results are making it into there.  Then you can follow it using the debugging tools to see where it could be getting lost.

I can't reproduce it so it's hard for me to give much more advice than that.  Sorry.

Which plugin are you using and what settings?

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,857 Views)

Ok Jigg, 

you're exposing to me - my lack of knowledge.. So i have selected different Formats in the Result Processing Configuration - HTML, ASCII etc, and selected various settings within.. No Joy

But i'm not sure which Plugins i have.

Is that under ../Cfg/ModelPlugins/ResultProcessing.cfg ? 

How to i acces the Process Model in TestStand itself - i.e. to view the UUt-Done sequence?

I'm out-of-office until 10.03.2015 - will chase this thing then..

Thanks for now.

K

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,844 Views)