NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the Full Featured LabVIEW example, what makes the entry point button reappear?

Solved!
Go to solution

My question is this: What piece of LV code or invoke node for the TS engine makes the Entry Point button reappear when a sequence file is loaded?

Background:

I've inherited a modified version of the Full Featured LabVIEW UI, which has been moderately modified (Enough so that restarting isn't really an option, but it's still similar enough to use them as comparisons for behaviors).  Also, this code was started in LV2012/TS2012, and I'm migrating to LV2013/TS2013, but this behavior was consistent in both versions.  

Here's what I've tried:
I found that when the Connect Command executes (See attachment), the button, which is a TSUI.IButton control, is gets greyed out or hidden.  In the unmodified example UI that's provided with TestStand, the button reappears when a sequence file is loaded.  The problem is that when I load a sequence file in my code, and click on it ahead of running, the button does not reappear. In my code, I can run the sequence successfully by right clicking on the sequence file and selecting Run, so I don't believe the sequence has an error, nor the process model.

Thanks in advance,

Seth

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,177 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Seth_K

Seth,

The "options" input of the ConnectCommand function controls this. On the Help page for this input, you can see that there are options for "ignore enable" and "ignore visible". Either of these could impact the functionality of the entry point button. You might try making the options for both buttons 0 and see if this resolves the issue. If not, please let us know.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,174 Views)

So when I originally noticed this problem when I inherited the code, the option value was set to 0.  The screenshot shows a non-zero value because I was playing around with that value in trying to solve this problem.  However, the problem seems to have gone away.  

I have a hunch that this might have something to do with versioning and the process model, and I will update this thread in case it resurfaces. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,162 Views)